caren reads.

Where She Went

Where She Went - Gayle Forman I was so unwilling to wait for this book that I searched it out and was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of the ARC. Last night, I tore into it and literally could not put it down. Adam's point of view to the story, and what's happened since the accident tore me apart but in the end, it was so very worth the tears.I was surprised when I read some of the spoilers and found out that the book is set three years later, and that Adam and Mia are no longer even together. In the beginning, I wanted to be mad at Adam about that, but I found out pretty quickly that it was Mia's doing. Not his. I tried to be mad at her, too, but I kept thinking about the scene in If I Stay, where he promises her that he'll let her go... if only she'd stay. I just don't think anyone expected her to actually let him go.The experiences of Adam's past, coupled with the future he's experiencing when he runs into Mia again after not seeing or speaking to her in three years, is heartbreaking and so so lovely. Gayle Forman's writing as a male point of view was believable, and it grabbed me just like I expected it to. If I Stay isn't a book I would think of reading again, not because I didn't love it, but because the angst was deep and real and in the end, there was no fixing it. However, in this book, I feel like I could read it over and over and still be okay with experiencing a little sadness because I know the end is a happy one.

The Paradox of Vertical Flight
Emil Ostrovski
Dirty Trick
Christine Bell
Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)
Gayle Forman