caren reads.

Frigid

Frigid - J Lynn Yet again, J. Lynn has killed me with a seriously hot boy.What can I say? I have a thing for the douche turned sweetheart. Lucky for me, I'm also a total sucker for friends-to-more, and that's exactly what our two main characters, Sydney and Kyler, are. They've been inseparable since childhood, as close as two people can be...in all the ways except for one.I don't think I have to tell you which one that is, do I? Now in their twenties, Sydney and Kyler are closing in on their college graduation. Christmas break has arrived, and just like every year, they’re headed—along with friends—to Kyler’s family’s house in Snowshoe to get away for a week.The night before they leave, we meet Syndey, who’s harboring some major feelings for her best friend. But like everyone else on campus, she knows Kyler’s rather extensive history as the campus bicycle. She doesn’t like it. It kills her every time to see him with other girls. But she’s not willing to give up their friendship because she’s certain he absolutely doesn’t feel the same about her.But does he?Haha, I’m not going to tell you that. Let’s just say this book killed me in all the best ways. And if you know me…YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, okay? I was drowning in swoons, giggles, flails...I finished it this morning and already want to re-read!There were some editing issues (mostly toward the end, though not as many as others), and some…character issues. As in, Sydney was a bit of a doormat, which I’m not a huge fan of. But she was hilarious. There were several laugh-out-loud moments for me while reading. Funny or not, homegirl made me want to smack her a little. I most definitely wouldn’t have been sitting back, watching the guy I loved bang his way around town—rather carelessly—while I was at home alone. I would have handed him his junk on a silver platter and then went out and found a guy who could appreciate me. Buuuuut, the reasons behind their actions here worked. They were believable, and instead of questioning her (or him) for their inability to see what was right in front of them, I just sat back and enjoyed the ride, which means I loved the story and its characters above everything else.As for Kyler. I loved him. Manwhore and all... because like I said, his reasons, they worked. I understood why he did what he did, and I felt sorry for him because of it instead of hating him like I've been known to do from time to time. Seeing inside his head made that easier. Knowing he wasn't really a complete dick helped quite a bit. So thanks, J. Lynn, for giving us his POV. Although I'm still questioning him saying he had feels. :PAnyway, I definitely suggest you go get a copy of Frigid, sit back, and enjoy yourself while you get to know these two. I'll wait here for your flails.

The Paradox of Vertical Flight
Emil Ostrovski
Dirty Trick
Christine Bell
Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)
Gayle Forman