caren reads.

Beyond Shame

Beyond Shame - Kit Rocha 3.5 smutty starsI was provided with a copy of this book for review purposes by the authors via netGalley.I wanted to like this book. No, I wanted to love this book. And I did like parts of it. I just didn't think there was nearly enough background on the "world" the authors created here, and it left me a little confused at the beginning of the book. I also couldn't help rolling my eyes at the fact that this would-be princess could get cast-out of her life as a councilman's daughter only to end up on her knees with a dick in her mouth less than a day later. And be happy about it.For me, the supposed insta-connect Noelle and Jasper shared in the early pages wasn't necessarily built on enough, so while I'll say I enjoyed the content--i.e. smut, swoons, tattoos, and did I mention smut?--I would have liked to see more on the foundation of it all.I admire these girls for being brave and going the dystopian route with an erotica book. I imagine it's not an easy thing to do. But, no matter what, you're always going to get compared to those largely popular novels that are out right now, and if you don't compare...you just don't compare. The potential for something great is so here, but I feel like not enough was put into the background/building of the world as was put into Ace's deliciously dirty mouth.I was also unhappy with the ending. I wanted more.All that being said... if you want to read something dirty, this book will definitely whet your appetite. ;)

The Paradox of Vertical Flight
Emil Ostrovski
Dirty Trick
Christine Bell
Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)
Gayle Forman