caren reads.

Reboot

Reboot - Amy Tintera Also posted on The Fictionators: http://www.fictionators.com/review/reboot-by-amy-tintera/Listen up, young adult fans! Amy Tintera’s debut, Reboot, is one you definitely need to get your hands on. Fast! I’m serious. It has all my favorites: badass chick? Check. Hot boy? Check. Action? Killing? Kissing? Swoons? Check, check, check, check!A new and interesting twist on the current popularity of zombies brings readers into the life of Wren, who was shot five years ago and then woke up—or rebooted—after one hundred and seventy eight minutes.These aren’t the zombies you’d expect, though. These reboots are stronger, faster, less emotional and, well, they don’t eat humans.Mostly.In Wren’s future, fifty states have been reduced to one. What we know of as Texas has become the Republic of Texas, divided into cities where humans are trying to keep the virus that’s causing their children to reboot contained. As a Reboot, Wren’s works for the “government” or HARC, as it’s known here. Her job as a reboot is to complete her assignments by bringing in criminals and sick people, to train newbies and to never ask questions. And as a one seventy eight, she’s pretty damn good at it. She doesn’t feel things the way the other numbers do, those below sixty whose human emotions still remain.That is, until a twenty-two named Callum shows up…From the moment they meet, Wren’s captivated by him. But he’s a twenty two, and she can’t see relating to Callum at all. Until Wren feels challenged to take him on as a newbie.What she doesn’t expect is that he won’t be the only one learning new things.In case you haven’t figured it out yet, I pretty much loved this from beginning to end. I was a little head tilty at first, but once I got into the story, I couldn’t put this one down. And Callum, he just made this book for me. Is that surprising? Probably not. BUT SERIOUSLY. He was a-freaking-dorable.”I’ll try and sleep,” he said, closing his eyes. He cracked one eye open and held his arm out to me. “Want to come closer?”“I can’t. One of us has to stay up and keep watch.”“One cuddle. Maybe two. Fifteen, max.”“Callum,” I said with a laugh. “Go to sleep.”“All right,” he said with an exaggerated sigh, a smile twitching his lips.See? Adorable. Callum totally earned himself a top spot on my Book Boyfriend shelf with his personality, his chivalry and his sweetness. So I’ll say this again: I loved this book, and I absolutely cannot freaking wait for the continuation to this series! It doesn’t have a title yet, but I’m going to go ahead and start referring to it as Reservation. You’ll understand once you hurry up and go read it. ;)*** ARC Provided via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. ***

The Paradox of Vertical Flight
Emil Ostrovski
Dirty Trick
Christine Bell
Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)
Gayle Forman