caren reads.

Slammed (Slammed, #1)

Slammed (Slammed, #1) - Colleen Hoover Okay, so, I loved Hopeless. A lot. So I figured I might like this, too... and I didn't hate it, but I didn't necessarily like it, either. Sadly (to me) the MC, Layken, came off as bratty and rude and immature, even for an eighteen year old. Especially when she got physical and threw a tantrum.And Will...I wanted to swoon for him, I did. Hot, young teacher who's responsible and likes poetry? He has swoon written all over him. But mostly I just wanted to punch him in the junk for flip-flopping like a fish on dry land with his feelings. In my head I was screaming: MAKE A DECISION AND STICK WITH IT, DUDE!So, yeah, I'd say the only characters I really liked were Kel and Julia. Caulder, too. The boys were cute together, and Julia was sweet. Her situation (as overblown as the endless drama was in this book) made me sad and I felt bad for all of them. Which is why I stuck it out through the end, I was hoping to be wowed and surprised and maybe that something I read would change my mind about it all, but that didn't happen. I'm giving book two a shot for the same reason. I figure why not? Maybe Hoover will surprise me...

The Paradox of Vertical Flight
Emil Ostrovski
Dirty Trick
Christine Bell
Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)
Gayle Forman